Top 10 Fun Events Celebrating the Holidays Around Orlando
The holidays are a time of family and fun. No matter what you celebrate or how you’ve celebrated in the past, there’s always something new to discover in Orlando. Get the family together and enjoy the mild weather and holiday while having fun. Whether you want something good for the kids or you just want to feel like a kid again, you can find it this holiday season.
Lake Catherine Blueberries Holiday Event
Enjoy a holiday stroll and scavenger hunt now through December 23 at Lake Catherine Blueberries in Groveland. The cost is $5 per person; kids three and under get in free. Finish the scavenger hunt and you’ll get a prize! Bring your flashlight if you plan to attend in the evening. You can always enjoy the farm and non-holiday fun at no cost, all year long, too, with hayrides, pictures, and more. Learn more.
Light Up UCF
For the tenth year in a row, Light Up UCF is back at CFE Arena with holiday fun for the whole family. Buy tickets and go skating or ride the winter rides. There’s also plenty to do for free including a free film festival movies and the amazing light show Light Up UCF is known for! The fun lasts through December 31. The light show starts at 7:00 p.m. and continues each hour until closing time. Learn more.
Think it can’t snow in central Florida? Think again! Head over to Celebration any night from now until December 31 and find out for yourself. The snow falls every hour between 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. Also enjoy an ice skating rink, carolers, carriage rides, a train and more! Bring the family and make a night of it. Learn more.
Deck the Downtown
Head over to Downtown Orlando between now and December 31 for a festive holiday treat. All the businesses will be “decked out” in their holiday decorating finest! See how each business has celebrated the holiday season and make sure you check out their window decorations. Grab a map and wander the streets of Downtown Orlando! Learn more.
Want to Play Tourist in Your Own Backyard?
The holidays are the perfect time to play tourist around Orlando. All the parks have something special planned, offering you the chance to see an old favorite in a new way. Take a look at all the fun you can have in December:
- Now through December 22, head over to Disney World for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. Plenty of food, rides, and entertainment include family favorites like Frozen and your favorite Disney characters.
- Remember how great Hogwarts and the surrounding area looking during the Christmas scenes in the movies? Experience it yourself at Christmas in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort.
- Like your holidays with a bit of mischief and sarcastic (but family-friendly) humor? Don’t miss Grinchmas at Universal’s Islands of Adventure! The fun includes a re-telling of the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
- Ever wondered how other countries celebrate the holiday season? Experience it for yourself at Epcot’s International Festival of the Holidays. The festivities include candlelight processions, foods from around the world, and much more!
- Join your fishy (and aquatic mammal) friends for Seaworld’s Christmas Celebration. Eat good food, watch Christmas shows, and even see Santa all while enjoying everything Seaworld has to offer.
- Would you love to see the Macy’s Parade live but don’t want to deal with cold and snow? Universal Studios is putting their own spin on the holiday classic with Macy’s Holiday Parade - with a little help from the Minions.
Looking for more holiday events in Orlando?
- 58 Free and Festive Holiday Events in Orlando
- Holiday Events in Orlando on VisitOrlando.com
- Orlando Holiday Events 2017
If we missed any events that you absolutely love then feel free to shoot us a message and let us know what we should add to our list!